Kitchen is an essential part of a house. It is that part where a woman cooks food for the entire family with love. According to recent research, a woman spends almost 9 hours in the kitchen. So the designing of the kitchen must be such, to give maximum comfort. Modern amenities and equipment are essential in a kitchen, but other elements must also not be missed. Like proper ventilation, safety cookware, and designing materials are also important. Least attention goes towards selecting tiles for the kitchen. But this element is also equally important like all other elements. Recently people have learned to design their kitchen using tiles also and selecting the best kitchen tiles design is of utmost importance.
Importance Of Tiles
Tiles create the desired ambiance of the kitchen. It gives the color to the whole kitchen and makes it look sophisticated. One of the most challenging tasks is to choose the desired tiles design. So one can take the help of an interior designer to select the tiles. Tiles have a versatile application and are available in various colors. Tiles can be placed everywhere in the kitchen. Tabletop, walls, floors, and pantry tops are the most prominent places where tiles are useful. Tiles have many qualities because of which they are used to decorate almost every part of the kitchen. Non-porous and slip-resistant tiles are perfect for the kitchen.
Types Of Kitchen Tiles
- Ceramic Kitchen Tiles- this is one of the most common tiles used in the kitchen. It is cheap, easy to maintain, and slip-resistant.
- Porcelain kitchen tiles- it is a type of ceramic tile. It is durable and scratch-resistant. They are quite expensive.
- Vinyl kitchen tiles- they are water-resistant, stain-resistant, and easy to maintain. They are quite expensive but durable. They are also scratch-resistant.
- Stone kitchen tiles- they are durable and cheap. It requires maintenance, as they are not scratch resistant.
- Glass kitchen tiles- it is made of thin pieces of glass. It gives the kitchen a sophisticated and elegant look. It is very costly and also requires high maintenance.
Importance Of Ceramic Tiles
This is an ideal choice for the kitchen as it is easy to clean and maintain. They are slip-resistant and also very cheap in comparison. Tiles give the walls and floor glossy or matt texture. They are even designed to mimic natural materials like wood or stone. Ceramic tiles, along with the underfloor heating system, make the space cozy in a cold night. These tiles inject style in the kitchen and make the place workable. They are available in various colors and easily match with any color of furniture and wall. They can also be easily cut to get the desired shape and size.
A single kitchen can be decorated with different types of tiles. No matter what color one chooses for his kitchen tiles can be matched with any furniture type. Selecting tiles to match the ambiance is a tedious job. But many companies offer home service where they send their representative with samples of tiles to choose.