Small kitchen design can make the space look beautiful. One can create small kitchen design with a clever mind. To make the kitchen look stylish and spacious, several kitchen designs are available. The main thing is to get the idea for proper storage space. Even a tiny place in the kitchen can look really beautiful with appropriate designing. For women, especially it is a corner where she spends most of her time. One has to plan small kitchen area properly to make it look spacious.
with a clever mind. To make the kitchen look stylish and spacious, several kitchen designs are available. The main thing is to get the idea for proper storage space. Even a tiny place in the kitchen can look really beautiful with appropriate designing. For women, especially it is a corner where she spends most of her time. One has to plan small kitchen area properly to make it look spacious.
Small Kitchen Design: Types
- One wall kitchen– In this case, one counter is available, which is difficult for preparation. If you do not have space to extend, your kitchen add a table for preparation. It can serve two purposes that are dining and food preparation. One can do both easily in a single place. You can also opt for folding doors which will help to close it when not in use.
- Galley kitchen- this is the most common kitchen design found in urban buildings. It has counters on both the sides and has walking space too. The center space looks like a corridor in which one can work or move about. It has a compact layout. It gives a functional storage capacity even in the kitchen, which has small spaces. If even one portion of the wall opens, the kitchen will seem connected with the living space of the house and will be airy enough.
Designs For Compact Kitchen
- G shaped kitchen– also known as peninsula- it gives an extra counter which can be easily used for dining purpose. The additional counter is useful for preparation work. The Add hanging lights over the extra counter it will enhance the look of the kitchen. Lights will help to lighten and brighten the kitchen on the whole.
- L shaped kitchen– These are popular in the small houses. It is a common design. If the kitchen has a plain wall facing the counter, add a shelf which can be folded when not in use. People can also use it for dining purpose and for keeping something which you often need like a mixer, pickles, spices, etc.
- U shaped kitchen – It gives functional counter space but no space for dining. To utilize the center space, you can provide a sleek rolling table, which is useful for dining. An island with rolling wheels, which can be removed as per convenience, will be ideal.
Small Kitchen Design: Tips For Adding Extra Space
- One can utilize the sink area by putting a handy cutting board. It will serve as an extra counter.
- Under the sink area can be utilized for storage. One can use a pocket bag or organizer that can be used to keep things used for cleaning.
- Try and go for rolling shelves. It will help to store a lot of things at one single place.
- You can also create space by installing a shelf over the sink.
- Attach extra shelves over or under the countertop. To keep the necessary things regularly required in the kitchen.
A small kitchen can be a beautiful designer kitchen. One needs to plan and design the kitchen properly. Every place can be utilized to create space in the kitchen. Add hooks, extra shelves, handy tables, pocket organizers to add space. With a clever mind, you can easily make your kitchen look spacious and stylish.